While a lot of you might take the Spring Sun for granted, here in Belgium we take it when we can get it! It was supposed to rain last night…it didn’t…so i figured that it would be raining all day for the “Block Party” that I baked all the non-paleo goodies for, I guess we will see. Just hope it stays nice out long enough to take the The Daughter out to fly her kite.
Over the past few weeks The Wife and I have decided we are tired of eggs for breakfast. We have had eggs almost every way you can make them; and we don’t want them anymore right now.
Enter PaleOMG Brownie Batter Pancake Skewers !!!
I love this Blog, Juli is AMAZING, nuff said. So I followed the directions for the Pancakes (batter was super thick) and made an Orange and Apple Compote to top it off with.
1 banana, peeled
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon agave or raw honey (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
* Break up Banana and add to food processor or blender, puree smooth.
* Add in egg and egg whites, pulse to mix.
* Add Flour, Cocoa, Honey, vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon, pulse to mix well.
1 large Orange diced
1 med Apple diced
1 tbls Honey
* place everything in a small saucepan, simmer until apples are soft.
* NOTE: you may need to add a little bit of water to get it all started, if you have any coconut water use that!
Eat. Lift. Live (Like an Animal)