Nothing amazes me more than my Wife. Today’s WOD was hard, especially for a non-runner. She put in 100% there was no quit, no surrender; and the look-the smile-on her face as she rounded the last corner and headed in to complete her Thrusters and Pull-ups will inspire me for a long time to come.
It is funny that even though there are weights we can’t lift, and reps we can’t seem to get Crossfit teaches us that the weakest part of the body is our mind. That moment you know that the head game will no longer hold you back is nirvana, it is a monumental freedom, and my Wife was there today.
So that was my day today, Crossfit and Food. Well I did get in a few hours of Star Wars: The Old Republic as well…..35th Anniversary of the theatrical release…
and after this there might even be a cigar!
CF WOD: (all weights in Kilos)
Technique: None Warm up and light 400m jog
WOD: Running Fran: For Time – 23:05 (5 seconds over my goal)
Run 1200 meters
21 Thrusters (40kg)
Run 800 meters
15 Thrusters (40kg)
Run 400 meters
9 Thrusters (40kg)
Collapse in sweaty heap on floor (optional)
Lamb Burger w/ Grilled Carrots
Another one from the Primal Blueprint Mark’s Daily Apple
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/4 parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1/4 c loosely packed mint leaves
- pinch of sea salt
- *mix together ingredients to make burgers, form into 4 patties and pan fry or grill to a med rare (5-7 min per side)
- *While burgers are cooking, blend together pesto in food processor
- *serve burgers with pesto on top!
- 3-4 medium to large carrots
- 1 tbls olive oil
- season to taste
- wash and peel carrots
- slice flat on mandolin as thick as you like
- drizzle and coat with olive oil
- NOTE: Carrots that are frozen because they got left to near the rear of the fridge….SUCK!!!!!