Do you know how hard it is to Crossfit with 50% less oxygen than you are used to? If not let me tell you it sucks, and it leaves you sucking…big time! But it is getting better. I cannot believe the weather we have had here the past few days, simply AMAZING!!!
Thanks to the team at CrossFit Endemic (see link to the right) I have managed to hit 2 goals and set a new PR this month:
Goal 1: 21 unbroken Pull-Ups
Goal 2: Perform a Muscle-Up
PR: 265lb Back Squat (20lb increase)
But we all know you came here for the food, so here you go!
For Chicken Rub: 1/2 tsp each:
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- 1 med onion
- 1 med pepper
- 3 carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix first set of spices together and season chicken
- Cook chicken for 10-15 min in 400 degree oven
- Heat fat in large skillet and add garlic, then add onion, pepper, carrots, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add broth, coconut milk, smoked paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder. Combine well and bring to a low simmer, then remove from heat.
- Combine broccoli, chicken, and, and sauté mixture in oven safe dish and bake for 20-25 min at 400.
- Casserole will thicken as it cools.
**NOTE: If I made this again I wold cut the broth and coconut milk by half and hoped it was not so runny.