Can not thank Alisa enough for allowing me to re-blog this! This is her hard work, not mine.
Please, if you have not already, check out her Blog @ Paleo in PDX
Over the weekend, I took it upon myself to test out this new recipe. It was inspired by something I saw in one of my old vegetarian cookbooks, but I changed it quite a bit to suit my taste and clearly, it’s not vegetarian. No major surprise there. The dish is definitely simple, but yields a lot of flavor and texture. I am a sucker for simplicity, especially in recipes, so I was pleased with the end result. I hope you will be too.
I recommend eating this on its own or atop of cauliflower rice. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
- 1 Tbsp pasture-raised duck fat
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups celery, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 8 oz can…
View original post 153 more words